MITSUBISHI MOTORS AT GENEVA MOTORSHOW 2015 THE ALL-NEW L200 EUROPEAN PREMIERE
Mitsubishi Matters press release dated 17 February 2015:
After 9 years, and 1.3 million units of the L200 as we know it, Mitsubishi Motors will introduce the all-new 4th generation L200 at the 85th International Geneva Motor Show next month.
A strategic model for Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, the Mitsubishi L200 has been developed as a ‘Sport Utility Truck’ that reaches new heights of reliability, toughness, interior comfort and manoeuverability, to further meet the ever-diversifying needs of the global pick-up truck customer.
• The all-new 2.4 litre MIVEC turbo-charged diesel engine (4N15) and outstanding running resistance achieve a 17 per cent improvement in CO2 engine, down to 169 g/km minimum mated with an all-new 6-speed manual transmission.
• New 4N15 engine generates 133 kw/ 113 kw (and respective 430 Nm/ 380 Nm) at low RPM and delivers powerful motive performance even when loaded with cargo. The variable geometry turbo charger with small turbine gives greatly improved response and provides utmost driving pleasure together with the new 6-speed manual transmission and automatic transmissions paddle-shift.
• By retaining the sporty and elegant features of its predecessor, the new L200’s exterior design projects a dynamism which evokes the finely-honed muscles of an athlete. The new exterior design contributes to lower aerodynamic 0.40 Cd and increased fuel efficiency.
• Surprisingly quieter interior is achieved through the all-new diesel engine and noise-reducing measures on the vehicle body. It is quiet enough to have conversations between front and rear passengers even when driving on highways or rough roads.
• Enlarged body mounts and extended rear suspension leafs provide for an incredibly smoother vibration-reduced ride never seen before.
• Significant perceived quality step-up combined with better seating & driving position for a more comfortable driving experience.
• Increased roominess and competitive bed length.
Agile handling and superior manoeuvrability
• The new L200 provides agile handling by quicker steering gear ratio than before. The new L200 maintains a class-leading turning radius of 5.9m from its predecessor.
• The new L200 boasts class leading carrying and towing combined weight.
• Utilising know-how acquired through its globally-successful predecessor, reliability and toughness of the new L200 has been enhanced by refining and reinforcing the body structure and 7% higher torsional rigidity of chassis frame to endure the gruelling conditions under which pickups must operate over a wide range of terrains and situations.
• Low maintenance power-train (from 15,000 km to 20,000 km oil change intervals now, from 60,000 km to 180,000 km coolant change intervals now, from 80,000 service on A/T to maintenance-free A/T now). UK servicing intervals are yet to be confirmed.
• Improved pro-active safety:
o Optional full-time 4WD on the road.
o SS4-II (Super Select 4WD II (w/low gear, full-time 4WD) realises better cornering stability even on paved road and drivers can choose four driving modes by rotating drive mode selector.
o Active Stability & Traction Control with Trailer Stability Assist and Hill Start Assist systems, Lane Departure Warning provide the driver relaxing driving.
o HID headlamps (with integrated LED daytime running lights and Bi-Xenon projectors) introduced for superior vision during long winter time or night driving.
• Improved passive safety:
o Passive safety has been enhanced by seven airbags including side airbags and curtain airbags for the front seats and an added knee airbag for the driver.
• New features, including (availability according to model & market):
o Rear doors are added for more convenience on Club Cab
o Keyless operation system with engine stop/start switch
o Cruise Control w/adaptive speed limiter
o Dual temperature automatic air conditioning
o Steering column-mounted paddle shifters
o Reach & rake adjustment of the steering wheel
o Rear view camera
o Digital Audio Broadcasting radio system
o The all-new L200 is built by Mitsubishi Motors for all global markets – it will be launched in Europe during the summer of 2015
Please contact the Firs Sales team to be one of the first to test drive the all-new L200. We will call you as soon as our new L200 demonstrator arrives. Orders now being taken tel. 01608 737349.